Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards of evidence based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome. Hospital required coverage: Mountain Vista Medical Center - Mesa; St. Luke's Medical Center - Phoenix; Tempe St. Luke's Hospital - Tempe.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 2 years' experience in Medical / Surgical and Telemetry.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of AZ to practice professional nursing.
- CPR, BLS & ACLS certification
Education & Training
- Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
- This position requires employee to be available to work shifts at Mountain Vista, Phoenix and Tempe St Luke's facilities.
- Position reports to regional staffing manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Primary Location: Arizona-Phoenix
Organization: St. Luke's Medical Center, LP
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Job Posting: Aug 28, 2018, 4:15:43 PM
Job Posting: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Nights