Registered Nurse Medical Surgical FT Nights $10000 Sign On AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3000.00 relocation incentive
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
- Full Time Night Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrating effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performing and documenting accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observing and monitoring patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizing clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performing and documenting ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiating use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrating commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintaining competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific)
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.