Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work with physicians, nurses and and patients to assess urgency of patient problems, resolve questions concerning medications, health education, and medical advice within skill level and scope of practice
- Follow through in a timely manner on patient requests
- Work through the EHR to fulfill the patient's medication needs according to physican orders
- Serve as a resource to clinic staff regarding medical information, patient assessment, and nursing management of illness
- Assist in minor procedures, dressing changes, and medication administration
- Assist and document as needed with patient triage according to Triage policy.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program. Current licensure by the state of California and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum five years experience in acute care nursing and/or outpatient clinic or medical office; triage experience preferred
- Broad knowledge of general nursing practice, knowledge of acute practice based on skill level, licensure and scope of practice
- Must be willing and able to work with flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed
- Demonstrated critical thinking, organization and leadership skills; appropriate role modeling
- Excellent nursing assessment skills
- Strong history-taking skill; ability to make quick and accurate assessments and accurately complete documentation
- Ability to relate and communicate well with patients physicians, and staff over the telphone and in person
- Demonstrated self-direction in establishing priorities and working with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment and skill in problem solving under stress based on skill level and licensure and scope of practice.
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish