There’s neverbeen a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve ourvision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, weneed people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and moresustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happenovernight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century,we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Our culture isfocused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectivesare embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue yourcareer. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including openwork spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity andflexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteerinterests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back toour communities.
We are looking for ahigh-performing Registered Nurse who is responsible for providing emergencycare, first aid and episodic treatment of occupational injuries and illnesseswithin standing orders. This position requires the prevention of illness &injury, protection from work related and environmental hazards, and promotionand restoration of health. RN will maintain accurate records related to OSHA,Workers’ Compensation and corporate reporting. Motivated to work independentlyin on-site facility.
- Administers professional nursing care to sick and/or injured employees
- Performs and evaluates various clinical and diagnostic tests
- Assists plant physician in minor surgical procedures
- Interviews and documents medical history of employees
- Works effectively with the Health Services team and other departments
- Maintains appropriate medical records to ensure quality and accuracy
- Performs and documents physical exams
- Adheres to common practices and procedures throughout the department
- Maintains equipment and supplies
- Assists with the promotion of plant wellness programs
- Interfaces with healthservices customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- RN Diploma/Associate degree and 4+ years of experience
- Valid RN license in the state of New York
- High level of initiative and sound independent judgment
- Demonstrates analytical ability
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with electronic medical records and basic computer programs/software
- Certified in Healthcare Provider CPR/AED
- BSN or BS
- Four or more years’ experience, ER or Occupational Health
- COHN certification