The RN assures that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural, and self-care needs of patients and families are addressed.
The RN actively participates in supporting and meeting the hospital’s goals for patient satisfaction and national quality core measures.
The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent experience (within the past five (5) years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility or successful completion of MMC’s Clinical Nurse Resident (CNR) program, in departments where the CNR program is available.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if MMC and/or own vehicle used on MMC business, must possess valid California Driver’s License and upon request proof of liability insurance).
- Must also meet department specific requirements for applicable department (See Department Specific Requirement below).
- Physical & Mental Requirements: See attached Statement of Physical &Environmental Factors and A35 Mental Components.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- National certification in area of specialty.
- Greater than one (1) year of working experience in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity
Operating Room – 107420 – CNR program is available in this department:
1. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate or must obtain within90-days of employment.
2.Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate or must obtain within 90-days of employment.
3. One (1) year ofOperating RoomCirculator experience (within the past 5 years) or acceptance into the Operating Room Training Class and with successful completion within 18 months.
1.Current Certified Operating Room Nurse (CNOR) certification.
2.Recent Cardio-Vascular nursing experience.
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement