Position Summary: The RN provides high quality, safe, cost effective, total nursing care to all patients utilizing the nursing process. The RN assumes responsibility for overall coordination and integration of patient care based on need of the patient and family members. The RN directs care according to established standards of safety, risk management, Infection control, with the goal being to discharge the patient with an optimum level of care provided. The RN utilizes evidence-based practice in accordance with professional standards and adheres to the Florida State Nurse Practice Act. The RN reviews orders/test results and documents care delivered accurately and timely in electronic health record.
(including required licensure/certifications, education and job knowledge / experience)
Minimum: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum six (6) months licensed nursing practice on Medical/Surgical unit. Six (6) months experience as a licensed nurse in any monitored patience care unit.
- Current Florida RN license
- American Heart Association BLS/ACLS/PALS
- Demonstrates yearly competencies specific to unit
- Member of a local professional specialty organization preferred
- Successful completion of WBMC Medication test during pre-employment
- Successful completion of unit specific test
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.