Vighter has an amazing opportunity to provide nursing services in support of the US military and their families at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center located in El Paso, TX. We are looking for quality nurses with at least one (1) year of experience who have an active unrestricted license from any US state or territory. Positions on this recently awarded contract will not stay open for long due to the highly competitive pay rate and the numerous benefits offered to employees. Join a team that is focused on providing excellent healthcare services to support military families and work at one of the leading Department of Defense medical facilities in the US.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY:
- Competitive hourly rate plus shift differentials
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life, Disability, 401K, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, med-mal etc.
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave provided annually
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 paid holidays per year
Title: Registered Nurse OR
The Registered Nurse will be assisting in the care of patients before, during, and after surgery. Operating room nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
Location: William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Services as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
- Takes and monitors patients vital signs
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed
- Provides basic, beside care
- Prepares and administers medications and records medications
- Reports adverse reactions and/or treatments
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Preps operating room for patient/procedure
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomology
- Monitors patients physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum
- Performs other position related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse.
- A minimum of one-year of full-time experience providing services as an independently licensed registered nurse in an in-patient environment.
- Shall be a United States Citizen
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Operating Room Nurses shall have completed an operating room nursing course and have worked a minimum of one year within the last two years as a full-time operating room nurse in a surgical center or hospital operating room.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Position is contingent upon contract award