Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
We are seeking a part-time Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse available to work every other Saturday overnight shift in our Crisis Residential Unit located in Granite City, IL servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conducting physical health screening to ensure consumers are medically appropriate for admission.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork in a timely manner, according to all funder requirements.
- Reviewing medical records to ensure all prescriber and consumer signatures are obtained as required.
- Completing medication administration, monitoring, training and case management services as indicated on treatment plans.
- Assessing consumers for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and reviewing physical health screenings when requested.
- Making referrals or coordinating physician reviews when indicated.
- Active Illinois Registered Nurse license or Licensed Practical Nurse license required.
- Must be certified in CPR or become certified in CPR within 90 days of hire and must maintain certification.
- Computer experience is required with general experience in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Some knowledge of pharmacology and possible side effects of medications required.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan with company match, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and employee assistance program.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled