Orthopedic Coordinator AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time, Day shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner. Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure. Reports significant findings of admission and on-going assessments to appropriate member of health care team. Initiates discharge planning process with initial admission assessment.
- Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team. Formulates individualized patient plan of care based on assessment data within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Updates plan of care based on the patient assessment within appropriate time period.
- Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team through daily worksheet conferences, verbally during the shift and verbally during the shift report. Directs care team members in accordance with their scope of practice. Communicates/documents all patient care given including assessments, plan, interventions, patient response, and follow-up. Transcribes and directs the implementation of physician orders. Provides patient education based on assessed needs and evaluates understanding.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and documents effectiveness of planned and implemented interventions and strategies in relation to the plan of care within time frames per policy/unit standards. Includes patient and family in the evaluation process.
- Adheres to standards established in the nursing department proficiency program. Satisfactorily completes competency testing/skills validation and maintains current licensures and certifications as required. Attends department-required in-services and 80% of department meetings.
- Provides appropriate patient assessment and care specific to the needs of the patient populations served (e.g. age groups; patients of size; diagnosis-based). Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of the specific physical, psychosocial and developmental needs of patients as appropriate to the populations served.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities, including Core Measures. Completes and documents Core Measure indicators timely and accurately. Collaborates with nurse leader regarding needed policy/procedure changes.
- Coordinates equipment availability with patient availability
- Communicates changes in equipment, instrumentation and patient availability to the surgical team
- Serves as a point of contact with the physician's offices for service specialty needs.
- Monitors product flow and identifies opportunities for product standardization
- Participates in capital budget planning process
- Actively participates in the revision/maintenance of the preference cards
- Participates in the bi-annual inventory process
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred
- (12) months experience preferred but not required, basic computer skills, excellent human relations and oral/written skills.
- Current FL RN License;
- Current BLS (American Heart Association)
- Current ACLS (American Heart Association)
- Current PALS (American Heart Association)
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of AdventHealth Ocala. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
Charge RN: Supervises patient care team for duration of one shift. Coordinates patient care assignments, evaluates assignments and facilitates patient throughput.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.