Registered Nurse PACU AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Part Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills when interpreting changes in patient’s immediate post-operative condition. Communicates patient information to all appropriate caregivers, to assure effective continuum of care.
- Demonstrates competence in the management and interpretation of all patient monitoring devices in the PACU environment.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation in Surginet and Power chart while utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to deliver competent, effective, cost efficient patient care.
- Participates in the revision and review of unit specific policies and procedures, while actively engaging in unit goals and performance improvement.
- Maintains appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in Science or Diploma graduate.
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Florida.
- Requires a minimum of one year critical care RN experience or previous PACU experience.
- This position requires special training specific to critical care nursing.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS required
This position requires strong critical thinking skills, the ability to continuously assess and reassess the patient’s health status in the immediate postoperative phase and the immediate ability to respond to changes in the patient’s condition without direct immediate supervision. It requires close communication with the department of anesthesia and attending surgeon as well as all clinical support ancillary services. Responsible to adhere to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, and all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.