Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care during the preoperative and postoperative phase of care. Participates with other facility team members to provide optimal patient care and efficient patient flow, taking into consideration the population specific needs for patients at all stages of life.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing Required
RN - Current license to practice in the State of California Required
BLS/CPR & ACLSRequired
• Significant experience working in a multi-specialty PREOP/PACU, preferably in a Hospital and/or Ambulatory surgery center. This level of experience is typically achieved in approximately one to three years. Three years preferred.
• Interns, new grads or employees that have successfully completed the Pre-op/PACU training program.
Demonstrated knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully interact with diverse health professionals, physicians and patients.
Extensive knowledge of ASPAN Standards and infection control practices
Must have a working knowledge of applicable regulations and standards.
Current knowledge regarding equipment utilized in the PACU
Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communications, functional supervision/ delegation and human relations is required
Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Requires the ability to operate and trouble-shoot PACU equipment.
ACLS/PALS (per facility policy)
Computer skills are required.
Adult training skills are preferred.
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement