You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Home Health Registered Nurse/ In Home Palliative Care.
You know you’re a guest in someone’s home and you tread carefully but confidently.
You know how to make small talk and answer big questions. You know how to soothe. How to hug. How to travel, and laugh, easily.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
At SCL Home Health, we are proud to be an associate-empowered, patient-centered organization. Although home health is an independent practice, we ensure you have the right resources and support available for you to be successful. We support you by:
- Being a part of the larger integrated SCL Health system
- Allowing you flexible daily schedules/self-scheduling
- Developing a unique compensation plan that's right for you
- Planning the orientation process around your needs
- Providing you with mileage and cell phone reimbursement
- Offering tuition reimbursement to support your career advancement
SCL Home Health is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With clientele throughout the greater Denver area, we develop meaningful relationships through one-on-one care and facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Home Health RN you need to know how to:
- Evaluate health status through the ongoing collection and assessment of health data. Perform health teaching, health counseling, and interdisciplinary care coordination
- Provide, review and monitor treatment plans that are supportive and restorative to life and well-being either directly to the client or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to, supervision of, or teaching of others.
- Refer clients as needed for additional services, further evaluation or treatment
- Complete accurate and prompt documentation in accordance with agency and regulatory guidelines
- Demonstrate sound judgment, appropriate problem-solving and communicate effectively with clients, families, caregivers, other healthcare team members and supervisors.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire unless you possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting, required
- Current Colorado RN license or compact license with the ability to obtain Colorado RN license, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required
- At least one (1) year of nursing experience in a comparable setting, such as in home health or acute care, highly preferred
- Certification in a specialty area (Oncology, Ortho, IV, Wound Care, Geriatric, etc.), preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Home Health RN on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.