The Parent Educator functions as a member of the Expectant Parent Educators team, conducting a minimum of 4 expectant parent program yearly and attending the bi-yearly meetings. Provides accurate, current information to our expectant families utilizing the curriculum provided by Saint Peter's University Hospital, Parent Education Department.
Certified in Childbirth Education or area of instruction
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey
Strong Communication Skills
Ability to teach groups of 20 25 individuals
Ability to operate A-V equipment
Available to teach on weekends and weekday evenings
L & D or Mother-Baby experience a plus
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Conducts Parent Education Classes.
2. Reflects pertinent and appropriate review of current literature during Lectures/Discussions. Follows curriculum and is organized.
3. When presenting a Lecture, is articulate and has a clear, understandable voice.
4. Involves participants in program; e.g., questioning of their experience relevant to content examples.
5. Acknowledges participant contributions and responds appropriately to questions.
6. Utilizes adult learning/age-related/developmental teaching learning principles and incorporates cultural difference into presentation when appropriate.
7. Collaborates with Program Coordinator to revise, update and improve ongoing programs.
8. Encourages class participants to complete on- line class evaluation form.