We are seeking a Part Time Primary Care Nurse to join our Inwood Avenue Adult Day Program! RN's must have specific experience with patients diagnosed and/or at risk for HIV/AIDS; history of homelessness along with other barriers.
Schedule is Thursday & Friday 8am-4pm with alternate holidays!
Apply today and learn more!
The Staff Registered Nurse is a licensed nurse responsible for delivery of nursing care directly to individual clients. The Registered Nurse maintains the quality of client care through the ongoing processes of assessment, planning and implementation of nursing activities at the facility.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the nursing care regimens for clients:
- Plans, coordinates and assesses client care
- Identifies client needs and provides direct nursing care based on the client�s care plan
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to develop, implement and evaluate client care
- Participates in the Adult Day Health Care program�s Quality Assurance program
- Assists with Quality Assurance audits as assigned
- Identifies quality issues and opportunities for improving quality of care
- Documents client care with accurate and accessible records
- Distributes medication to clients and keeps accurate records for narcotics and controlled drugs in accordance with law and agency policies and procedures
- Orders adequate supplies and materials for rendering nursing care.
- Communicates with Pharmacy, Laboratories and other vendors as needed.
- Interprets philosophy and objectives of the Adult Day Health Care�s nursing component to clients, families, staff and the community.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in staff development and educational program.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions
Bachelor�s Degree or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program; Current registration and active license as a New York State Registered Nurse; Experience as a nursing care practitioner; CPR certification or completion of certification during employment; Fluency in written and spoken English; Demonstrated understanding of the needs of clients in treatment for HIV/AIDS and substance abuse; Ability to see, hear and speak to clients; Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.