"RN Patient Navigator" AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates complex assessment skills and the ability to coordinate the program to achieve optimal patient outcomes and operational efficiency by guiding the patients through and around barriers in the external and internal system.
- Assumes responsibility as the clinical expert in the program of focus. Acts as a liaison between the patients, hospital, physicians, programs and services. Communicates effectively with physicians, management, staff, patients and families to ensure coordinated and cohesive care is maintained.
- Effectively serves as a clinical resource for patients, physicians and other clinical services.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, management, staff, patients and families to ensure coordinated and cohesive quality patient care in a timely manner. Consistently collaborates with members of the healthcare team to coordinate treatment plans, specific patient concerns and discharge planning. Accurately communicates the patient treatment goals and activities with the team members providing the care, participates in team conferences and provides information relating to therapeutic concerns in a clear concise manner.
- Regularly visits and communicates with physicians to identify patient and physician needs in relation to the quality and ease of use of the program.
What You Will Need:
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks and projects within specified timeframes.
- Age specific care for program of focus/clinical area of specialization.
- Teaching and counseling patients, families and staff as needed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in clinical are of specialization required.
- Clear/active FL license in clinical field required
- AHA BLS required
- See attached addendum for additional criteria
Coordinates functions, including staff and community education, patient experience from diagnostic evaluation through treatment and rehabilitation. Monitors patient’s outcomes for quality of care. Prepares statistical reports and maintains required documentation for the patients and program. Identifies and resolves all potential barriers that the patient may face while in the hospital and during pre and post hospital care. Interprets program to physicians and other involved care providers. Develops relationships with referring physicians to understand care networks. Works with specialists to deliver efficient and effective patient care.