Are you looking for a role to utilize your House Supervisor, Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care Nursing experience that goes beyond the bedside?Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated %243.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits as a fulltime employee include Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Medical and Childcare Flex Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Medical Leave, Clinical Certification Tuition Reimbursement Program, 401k with Corporate Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program Employee Discount Program and Identity Theft Protection.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Transfer Center teams are committed to providing streamlined access to the right facility at the right time for every patient, every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our efforts to better our community.
Intrigued? CLICK HERE to learn more!
The HCA North Texas Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics for 22 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across north Texas, our mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth. Our team is committed to the care and improvement of human life; impacting over 36,000 patients annually through support to hospital staff both for our HCA facilities and other facilities locally or in outlying markets. At the HCA Transfer Center, we also assist in arranging transportation services when needed through connection with ground and air services. Our goal is to provide comprehensive solutions that allow health care providers the ability to stay at the bedside with the patient while we assist in locating placement, transport, and other needed logistics for getting this patient the access to care that they need.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admissions and exceptional consumer experience
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital’s medical staff, services and special programs
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
What Sets Us Apart…?
"I enjoy the welcoming and fast paced environment, and constant learning! There is never a dull shift and it’s truly a great team to work with!"
"Working at the Transfer Center is AMAZING! After being a nurse for over a decade, this is the best place I have ever worked. Management is fantastic. I leave on time every day, and I still get to use my critical thinking skills in a Nursing capacity. We are like a little family here, everyone works together to get things done. It’s wonderful!"