Are you looking for a role to utilize yourHouse Supervisor, Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care Nursing experience thatgoes beyond the bedside? Are you lookingfor a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCAHealthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today andjoin a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK.We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has continually, been named one ofEthisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spentan estimated %243.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Weoffer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits as a fulltime employeeinclude Medical, Dental and VisionInsurance, Medical and Childcare FlexSpending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Medical Leave, ClinicalCertification Support, TuitionReimbursement, 401k with CorporateMatching, Employee Stock Purchase Program Employee Discount Program andIdentity Theft Protection.
Be a part of an organization that investsin you. We are actively reviewingapplications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted, promptly forinterviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Transfer Centerteams are committed to providing streamlined access to the right facility atthe right time for every patient, every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our effortsto better our community.
Intrigued? CLICK HERE to learn more!
TheHCA South Florida Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logisticsfor over 34 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across the east andwest Florida divisions. Our mission is to assist in the clinical placement andmovement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providingtimely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. Thetransfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals whocollaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health caresettings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such asSTEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth. Our team is committedto the care and improvement of human life; impacting over 70,000 patientsannually through support to hospital clinical and medical staff both for ourHCA facilities and other facilities locally or in outlying markets. Atthe HCA Transfer Center, we also assist in arranging transportation serviceswhen needed through connection with ground and air services. Our goal isto provide comprehensive solutions that allow health care providers the abilityto stay at the bedside with the patient while we assist in locating placement,transport, and other needed logistics for getting this patient the access tocare that they need.
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admissions and exceptional consumer experience
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital’s medical staff, services and special programs
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy, and “Mission and Value Statement.”
"Ienjoy the welcoming and fast paced environment, and constant learning! There isnever a dull shift and it’s truly a great team to work with!"
"Workingat the Transfer Center is AMAZING! After being a nurse for over a decade,this is the best place I have ever worked. Management is fantastic. Ileave on time every day, and I still get to use my critical thinking skills ina Nursing capacity. We are like a little family here, everyoneworks together to get things done. It’s wonderful!"