Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, and—as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of ’29)—is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham’s mission is: “to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work…by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.” Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA—one of the country’s most livable cities and great college towns—Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world’s most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for Registered Nurse.
Position Reports To: Director of Student Health
Position Summary: Support student health and wellbeing by performing clinical, clerical, administrative, and programming duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. The Nurse will oversee the day-to-day Student Health Services, including clinical support of students, creating proactive programs to promote student healthy behaviors, and managing partnerships with UPMC Urgent Care and other off-campus services. The Nurse will be a highly collaborative position that works with campus stakeholders to think creatively about how to support student health amid a global pandemic and moving forward. This can include helping to crate policies, supporting testing efforts, and providing clinical support. This person will also work closely with Counseling Services, Student Affairs, and staff in the Athletic and Fitness Center to think strategically about supporting student health and wellbeing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a clinical outpatient setting with appropriate medical certification
- Ability to operate in a multi-task, high traffic office
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Flexible personality that can adapt to a high demand for services
- Highly detail-oriented and able to develop plans and execute to completion programs, activities events, and administrative tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ready to learn to manage a specific software for tracking student health records (MedProctor)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an efficient and professional office atmosphere while providing care to Chatham students
- Maintain a close relationship with our UPMC Urgent Care partner and other off-campus health partners
- Provide a monthly report on student usage and referrals
- Oversee database information for student health and vaccination records
- Support University endeavors with the delivery of collaborative initiatives, advice and guidance to promote a proactive health approach
- Work in coordination with the Executive Director of Counseling and Wellness and Director of Student Health to perform administrative and planning responsibilities to advance the success of the departments under health and wellness (athletics and fitness center, counseling, and student health services)
- Receive and screen telephone calls, visitors, and appointments. Respond to routine inquires and make referrals to appropriate staff members. Follow-up on calls, visitors and appointments requiring such a response.
- Maintain office files, including regular filing, initiating new files, and purging non-current files
- Maintain an organized, neat and efficient office, including the supply areas
- Work collaboratively with other campus departments to organize administration of immunizations, including influenza and tuberculosis
- Hire and supervise student employees
- Manage the Health Services budget, including purchases office and medical supplies, contracting with vendors, and managing all payments through the Business Office
- Update Student Health Services and related web pages as needed
- Develop and administer health services policies, procedures and protocols; ensure consistency, develop and revise appropriate manuals and monitor compliance with student health policies and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume and contact information for three professional references.