Landmark Hospital of Joplin has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) with an ICU background to join our dedicated and professional team. Landmark Hospitals are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to those we serve.
Shifts: Day and Night
Summary: Responsible for the assessing, planning, delivery and evaluating each level of nursing care provided to patients throughout their stay. Will also actively plan for the management of patient outcomes across the continuum of care. Assist in the treatment of acutely ill patients with life-threating conditions, in settings requiring continuous vigilance, complex assessment, and high-intensity therapies and interventions.
Working with the patients and their families, RNs strive to create healing, humane and caring environments while also focusing on patient advocacy, working in settings such as intensive care units and cardiac care units, where patients require complex assessment, high-intensity therapies and interventions, and continuous nursing vigilance.
Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Conducting comprehensive patient assessments
- Providing care for patients and management of their conditions, with regard to vital signs and lab work
- Collaborating with Physicians and various disciplines within the hospital in order to manage patient care
- Assisting the medical staff with in-house procedures
- Interacting and communicating with patient family members
- RN License (MO)
- Minimum 1 year of ICU &/or TCU (step down) experience
- Hospital experience
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to assess patients quickly in emergency situations in stressful environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital system with locations in Georgia, Missouri, Utah and Florida. Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.