Make more than a living. Make a difference.
APPLY NOW to be eligible for $1,000 Signing Bonus!
Must be willing and able to work with Covid-19 positive residents.
Members of the Massachusetts Senior Care Association are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to help our long term care facilities maintain the quality of care and dignity our elderly patients deserve. If you are a Registered Nurse, currently on furlough or retired, please join us in serving our most vulnerable population today. You are crucial to the front line effort to maintain care and save lives during the pandemic.
Registered Nurses (RNs) assess resident needs and develop care plans in collaboration with the facility's care planning team. Registered Nurses also supervise and provide training and education to LPNs and nursing assistants. Registered Nurses may serve on the facility's senior management team as directors of nursing and assistant directors of nursing and, as such, are responsible for the overall quality of care provided by the facility.
- Follows proper infection control procedures 100% of the time, including:
- Putting on and taking off Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Provides compassionate patient care in a respectful environment
- Maintains patient dignity and rights, and demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ensures safe environment and safe patient experience
- Effectively communicates with patients
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Utilizes appropriate patient identification methods when providing direct care
- Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements
- Identifies at-risk patients and implements appropriate safety protocol
- Demonstrates safe patient handling and transfers
- Effectively communicates and documents patient assessment and outcomes
- Completes designated care tasks timely
- Provides physical and medical care as assigned by Nursing Supervisor and as directed by Physician orders
- Administers medications safely in accordance with professional standards of practice and nursing policies and procedures
- Obtains, follows, and appropriately transcribes Physician's orders according to institution policy and professional standards of practice
- Conducts admission assessment and oversees discharge planning
- Develops and implements patient care plan using most recent advancements and current knowledge in the field
- Assesses health outcomes of care delivery and initiates care plan changes as needed
- Provides patient healthcare education
- Documents patient care using established medical-record system
- Communicates with and encourages collaboration among interdisciplinary team to ensure continuity of care with an emphasis on reporting changes of condition to physician/practitioner
- Teaches/supervises unlicensed personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a nationally accredited program.
- Current RN licensure
- Current BLS certification, or capacity to achieve upon hire
- Additional training related to specific patient population needs to be provided upon-hire, based on institution policy
Conditions of Employment:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Acceptable CORI, SORI is required
- Drug testing may be required
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete a full orientation to the RN role and responsibilities, including evaluation of the applicant's demonstrated effective use of PP
- Excellent communication skills
- Bi- or multilingual a plus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, respond to challenges, and adapt to changes in work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with EMR (electronic medical records) systems a plus
- Negative TB Test or Screening
- Bending, squatting, kneeling
- Lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Prolonged wearing of PPE, including gloves, masks and face shields
- Competitive Salary
- $1,000 Signing Bonus
- APPLY NOW to get more details
Please Press the APPLY button at the top of the job listing to begin an exciting career in the growing field of long term care and be eligible for $1,000 signing bonus!