- Career growth and advancement potential
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining daily screening process for all inpatient admission throughout hospital. Utilizes appropriate power insight reports as verification tool to ensure all patients with coded diagnosis for core measures after discharge have all measures addressed. Responsible for reviewing patient medical records to determine key core measure diagnosis, initiates quality consoles and reviews adherence of documentation to quality measures. When discrepancy or variance is noted, responsible for notifying front line nurse, physician and/or leadership to ensure correction is made prior to discharge or chart completion deadline.
- Responsible for completing monthly core measure abstraction by abstracting date elements into corporate approved vendor software. Responsible for utilizing CMS data specification manual and maintaining knowledge on measure definitions to ensure accurate and complete data abstraction. Responsible for performing error checking and validation procedures in conjunction with Premier liaison prior to monthly submission. Responsible for completing all abstraction by AHS monthly and CMS quarterly deadlines.
- Serves as the hospital content expert on hospital quality measures and quality console documentation. Answer questions from staff, leaders and physicians on quality measure definitions and utilizes outside resources for complex measure questions to ensure correct definition interpretation (i.e. CMS Quality Net website). Assist with New Hire Orientation and Nursing Orientation to teach quality measures and how to complete documentation. May be asked by Quality Director to be responsible for developing weekly quality tips education flyer and for completing rounds in clinical areas routinely to serve as a resource to staff.
- Responsible for helping to ensure physicians, front line managers and team members have an ongoing awareness and understanding of the hospital quality measures and their role in assuring compliance. Leads and participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve processes, value-based purchasing scores and to ensure patients receive the best care according to the CMS and Joint Commission standards.
- Responsible for serving as liaison, in collaboration with Quality Director, for medical staff physician Peer Review process. Responsible for ensuring all cases referred to Peer Review are dealt with according to hospital Peer Review policy and medical staff bylaws. This includes screening, reviewing with appropriate department chairman, preparing cases to be brought to committee and completing agenda/minutes for committee meeting
- Clinical healthcare background, minimum 2 years’ experience in acute care setting- required
- RN or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare field (Healthcare Administration, nursing, etc.)- required
- Clinical healthcare background, minimum 2 years’ experience in acute care setting
- Current RN Licensure in state of Florida required
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)- Preferred
- Six Sigma Performance Improvement Certification- Preferred
The Quality Improvement Coordinator works routinely with hospital administration, leadership, medical staff leadership, physicians, nurses and ancillary departments to improve knowledge and performance with hospital quality initiatives. Responsible for accurate and timely abstraction of all CMS and Joint Commission quality measures by following the CMS data specification manual. Liaison for the medical staff physician Peer Review and Joint Commission OPPE process. This position represents the Office of Clinical Effectiveness at medical staff committees, new hire orientation and hospital leadership meetings by providing quality and safety updates as assigned. In addition, this position serves as backup or resource to infection prevention, risk management and other areas as assigned. Routinely utilizes sensitivity and diplomacy in daily interactions with others as many deal with sensitive, confidential or controversial information. Adheres to and enforces the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies, and the standards of applicable accrediting bodies.