Position SummaryCompass Oncology, the Pacific Northwest’s largest private Cancer Care Clinic group, is looking for an exceptional Registered Nurses (RN) to join our Radiation Oncology Team at our Rose Quarter location. As part of this high volume, fast paced team, you will be tasked with assisting the physicians and technicians in patient's treatment in one of our two "vaults". This individual must possess strong multi-tasking abilities, and bring positivity and passion to their work. If you want to join a team that is on the cutting edge of cancer care, while always putting the patient first, we want to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full time (0.8 FTE) 32hr/week
Benefits: M/D/V/Rx, Wellness Programs, 401(k), PTO
Location: Portland, OR
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care for oncology patients following established standards and practices. Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each group. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and initiates appropriate action.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and symptom management.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and medication administration in the patient chart.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician.
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient fee slips.
- Acts as a resource person to the medical assistants.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patients chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
Experience and Education:
- BSN degree with at least three (3) years nursing experience
- Current OCN certification preferred
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education
- BSN preferred
- Current RN state license with the State board of Nursing in BOTH WASHINGTON AND OREGON
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Must maintain continuing education requirements
More About The Company
Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 75 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with five clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.