Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time Day Shift
- Responsible for patient education included but not limited to 1:1 teaching, developing and utilization of regional teaching materials
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with marketing, a community outreach program for Neuroscience that includes but not limited to health fairs, physician lunch-ins, local community events, education events, speaking engagements.
- Works closely with marketing to develop patient education materials, community outreach material to help inform the community and increase market share.
- Utilizes and monitors a data tracking system for Neuroscience outcomes through the care continuum such as patient satisfaction, data, patient outcomes, and identifying areas that require improvement, in order to provide key statistics and outcomes at governance meetings.
- Manage, monitor and assess current quality metrics required by national organizations and evidence-based practice for optimal clinical outcomes.
- Current RN licensure with Florida State Board of Nursing
- Experience with Neurology and Neurosurgery Assessment
- 2 or more years’ experience in the acute care neuroscience setting.
- Associate degree in Nursing
- BLS Through the American Heart Association
The overall goal of the Regional Neuroscience Navigator position is to facilitate an evidence-based, multidisciplinary, multi-specialty approach to neuroscience care throughout the care continuum. Provides nursing care in collaboration with the neurologists/Tele-Neurologist/neurosurgeon/INR attending in the treatment of Neuroscience diseases; serves as a resource/expert person for staff; evaluates patients' qualifications for clinical research studies; presents lectures, seminars, programs, or conferences; responsible for collaboration, facilitation; provides direct clinical service to patients and families including care management, and patient education. This position will be the Regional Expert of Neurosciences and assist in the assessment of the patients. The Regional Neuroscience Navigator gathers records, abstracts records and evaluates program data and uses this data in establishing program goals. To collaborate and Regional Neuroscience Director in developing and implementing projects that enhances the quality of the hospital for Neuroscience.