Registered Nurse Orthopedic Navigator AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for patient education included but not limited to 1:1 teaching, preoperative classes, developing and utilization of regional teaching materials and implementing and monitoring the family "coach" program.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with marketing, a community outreach program for orthopedics that includes but not limited to health fairs, physician lunch-ins, local community events, education events, speaking engagements.
- Utilizes and monitors a data tracking system for orthopedic outcomes through the care continuum such as patient satisfaction, surgical data, patient outcomes, and identifying areas that require improvement, in order to provide key statistics and outcomes at governance meetings.
- Manage, monitor and assess current quality metrics required by national organizations and evidence-based practice for optimal clinical outcomes.
- Facilitates Orthopedic Governance meetings with surgeons and multidisciplinary team members.
What You Will Need:
- 2 or more years’ experience in the acute care orthopedic setting.
- BSN, MSN or MBA preferred
- Must possess a current Florida Registered Nursing License.
- Current BLS certification.
Job Summary:The Regional Orthopedic Navigator is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the hospital’s Total Joint Replacement Program, Spine Program (as applicable per site). The Navigator will be guiding the orthopedic patient and their family through Florida Hospital’s Orthopedic Program, from preoperative education through the continuum of care. This individual will have the ability to interact with patients and their families, physicians, their care partners, as well as several key hospital departments including surgery, rehabilitation and occupational therapy, nursing, case management, marketing, home health and others involved in the care of the patient. Regularly collects data through chart review and computer generated reports. Presents data and reports to Orthopedic Governance Committee and other leadership groups as directed. Develops, facilitates, and monitors selected performance metrics and ensures compliance with all activities required to achieve and maintain a Disease-Specific Certifications with The Joint Commission. Works closely with orthopedic surgeons to assist with data collection and community outreach. Regularly works in collaboration with the Regional Orthopedic team.