SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
- Performs initial and on-going physical and nursing assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Carries out physician orders
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Current IN licensure as an RN or RN compact state licensure required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- BLS Certification must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Crisis Prevention Certification training completion within 30 days of hire and maintenance of certification throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Psychiatric nursing certification preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.