Tired of long shifts in the ER? Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you would treat yourself? Do you like job perks, good pay, and great benefits? If so, this may very well be the last job application you’ll ever have to fill out!
Here’s why people love working for Medcor:
- Stability! We’ve been around since 1984.
- Opportunities galore! Medcor has a lot more to offer than just this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally, and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by internal employees. The fact is, opportunity exists here!
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say? Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can help our organization.
Medcor is looking for a Registered Nurse to work Full-Time at our occupational health clinic located at NBCUniversal in Universal City, CA as an Assistant Clinic Manager. This is a Monday - Friday position, 6:00am - 2:00pm with some overtime.
Job duties include participation in all aspects of Medcor’s daily operations at our clients’ place of business by performing duties related to Workplace incident triage, emergency response, and treatment for employees, contractors and guests according to the Medcor Care Protocols. Experience in the treatment of minor illness and injuries as well as major trauma and medical emergency management is required.
***Successful candidates will possess solid clinical skills, have at least five years' experience in Occupational Health, Emergency Department, ICU or Urgent Care.***
A typical day in the life of an Assistant Clinic Manager:
- Help lead a team that provides customer service to Medcor’s client and employees
- Treat injuries and illnesses according to Medcor’s evidence based medicine protocols
- Respond to medical emergencies
- Administer screening and testing
- Work closely with the Environmental, Health, and Safety department
- Provide wellness education
- Document utilizing an electronic medical record
- Assist with billing, payroll, scheduling, and new hire orientation
- Assisting with daily clinic operations including clerical, IT, medical supply management, and medical equipment maintenance
- Assisting with Workers’ Compensation claim initiation (FYI – not case management) and OSHA record-keeping
- Have valid unrestricted California RN license and current CPR/BLS certification
- Have a minimum of 5 years field experience
- Have at least 2 years management or leadership experience
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be detail oriented
- Be good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Love people and giving them the best care humanly possible
It's a Plus If
- You are comfortable working alone or independently in a clinic environment
- You are able to follow processes and procedures with excellence
- You are good with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with EMR software
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
We don’t just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. Our benefits include paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401K with match, education reimbursement and more. To learn more about Medcor’s Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!