At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Hospital is currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Behavioral Health team.
This RN position is responsible for coordinating, overseeing and providing direct care to the adult and geriatric patient. The Registered Nurse – Behavioral Health reports to the immediate shift Charge Nurse and department director. This position manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. The RN is responsible for acting as the patient advocate and for providing direct patient care intra-procedurally. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for coordinating care for patients post anesthesia requiring intensive monitoring during the recovery period. This position requires advanced nursing skill and abilities to assess and anticipate changes in patient condition. This position requires a high level of critical thinking abilities.
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1-year clinical experience as a direct care provider required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge, and skills either through work experience or clinical rotation.
- AHA healthcare provider CPR, ACLS certification
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!