Who We Are
Cornerstone Behavioral Health is a subsidiary of Cornerstone Healthcare Group headquartered in Dallas. We are looking for a team of exceptional executives to develop a premier Behavioral Health subsidiary. Cornerstone is a leading healthcare provider committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care consistent with the ANA Standards of Practice for Psychiatric Mental Health Care. The Registered Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, plans, and implements and evaluates patient care and the patient’s response to treatment utilizing the nursing process, which is integrated into the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care. The Registered Nurse is accountable for assigned nursing care activities on a shift basis and is responsible for promoting and enhancing professional nursing practice on the unit. The Registered Nurse may assume Charge Nurse responsibilities, as required.
- Assesses and documents patient’s medical, physical, psychological, and spiritual status continuously and intervenes as necessary.
- Accurately and safely administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and evaluating care specific with diagnostic criteria tailored to meet the needs of the patient population. Ensures that the nursing progress notes and treatment plan reflect the care provided.
- Supports staff, patient, and family education to enhance knowledge, skills, and necessary behaviors to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients, ensuring that the patient’s needs are met and that a safe discharge plan is arranged.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in psychiatric nursing or acceptable related training and experience is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A Registered Nurse who is currently licensed to practice, in good standing, by the state of employment
- CPR certification and de-escalation training required prior to any patient contact and must be maintained throughout employment
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- Paid Holidays
- On Site Cafeteria
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Food and Coffee
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Referral Program