Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care consistent with the ANA Standards of Practice for Psychiatric Mental Health Care. The Registered Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, plans, and implements and evaluates patient care and the patient’s response to treatment utilizing the nursing process, which is integrated into the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care. The Registered Nurse is accountable for assigned nursing care activities on a shift basis and is responsible for promoting and enhancing professional nursing practice on the unit. The Registered Nurse may assume Charge Nurse responsibilities, as required.
- Assesses and documents patient’s medical, physical, psychological, and spiritual status continuously and intervenes as necessary.
- Accurately and safely administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and evaluating care specific with diagnostic criteria tailored to meet the needs of the patient population. Ensures that the nursing progress notes and treatment plan reflect the care provided.
- Supports staff, patient, and family education to enhance knowledge, skills, and necessary behaviors to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients, ensuring that the patient’s needs are met and that a safe discharge plan is arranged.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in psychiatric nursing or acceptable related training and experience is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A Registered Nurse who is currently licensed to practice, in good standing, by the state of employment
- CPR certification and de-escalation training required prior to any patient contact and must be maintained throughout employment
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Referral Program
- Long Term Disability
- Paid sick days
- Vacation/paid time off
- Military Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- On Site Cafeteria
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Subsidized Commuting