DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Primarily provide general nursing oversight to patients undergoing exercise cardiac stress testing. The RN will ensure the safety and well-being of the patient, through a supportive clinical environment that contains appropriate monitoring capabilities and availability of the necessary health care personnel and equipment to address complications. The nursing care may include the nurses implementation of an exercise protocol, the operation of specific exercise equipment and monitoring the patient before, during and after the stress test.
Full Time, Days
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Providing telephone triage and manage patient calls
- Care for patients during stress tests (no interpretation of the results as these activities are considered the practice of medicine)
- Promoting patient independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications and self-care skills
- Escalating any issues to the Cardiologist re: changes in medication, treatments or follow up after testing
- Communicating test results back to patient, inform patients of physician recommendations, refill of medication through electronic health record electronic prescribing.
- Scheduling and performing Nurse visits in office to include but not limited to Blood pressure follow up, wound checks and EKG follow-up
- Working with all physicians and staff to support a smooth transition through all phases of medical care and procedures
Noninvasive cardiology nurse will assist in providing a full complement of diagnostic services to evaluate the nature and extent of cardiac disease.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Education & Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with New Hampshire license or Compact License when applicable
- American Heart Association BLS
- American Heart Association ACLS
- Knowledge and interpretation of EKG, cardiac status and stability.
- Previous Cardiology experience strongly preferred
- 2 years RN experience in a cardiology setting
- Must be comfortable without direct MD supervision
- Experience wit stress testing preferred
Preferred: BSN or higher degree in Nursing;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Starting in 2019, for full time and part time employees, we will be offering an industry leading Student Loan Assistance Program!
Effective March 2016 new hire RNs with an ADN will be strongly encouraged to achieve a BSN within four years of hire
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.