The Registered Nurse Case Manager collaborates with other professional disciplines/unit leaders to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. S/he is responsible for facilitation of appropriate length of stay and continuum of care outcomes, through the case management of all systems and services required for an organized, multidisciplinary team approach to care.
The Case Manager coordinates patient's care from pre-admission, hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up in collaboration with the healthcare team, to best meet the patients' physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The RN Case Manager uses a problem-solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation, reassessment, and plan revision, and documentation in the patient record to achieve optimum patient outcomes on both an individual and population basis.
- 3 to 5 years Acute Care experience in clinical areas and specialty areas with knowledge of utilization review, discharge planning activities, government and managed care regulations, quality improvement and risk management preferred.
- Computer, Internet, Order entry, and word processing experience preferred.
- Current CA RN license required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Care required.
- Case Management certification preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.