Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse
7p-7a Shift Available
$2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Cambria Care Center is a 301-bed Skilled Nursing Center offering Specialty Care, Rehabilitation Therapies, Ventilator Care, Bariatric Care, access to on-site Dialysis Care, and a Center for Memory Impaired.
Located in Ebensburg, PA, Cambria provides both Skilled and Intermediate care. An outside courtyard provides a relaxing environment for residents and their families and friends.
At the center of our mission is our skilled nursing units, with the Registered Nures (RN) Charge Nurse overseeing significant day-to-day responsibilities and the general workflow for all RNs, LPNs and Nurse Aides.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse include:
- Ensuring policies and procedures are followed by all nursing personnel
- Recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating RNs, LPNs and Nurse Aides
- Conducting ongoing nursing unit rounds to review work in progress, evaluate resident care and handle routine medical needs
- Initiating IV therapy and administers all IV drugs ordered
- Assessing physical, mental, psychosocial status of residents, and securing follow-up care, as needed
- Ensuring availability of all equipment, supplies, medications, and records necessary for effective operations during assigned shifts
- Coordinating activities and personnel during emergencies
- Managing schedules and staff assignments to meet resident care needs; participates in “on call” procedure as assigned.
- Aiding in the admission of new residents, including the development of care plans to ensure that all medical, health and wellness needs are met
- Additional responsibilities as needed/assigned
Due to the nature of our residents, compassion, patience, flexibility and a desire to serve are necessary for success in the Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse role. All applicants must be have a current, state-approved RN license or temporary practice permit. A strong knowledge of nursing principles, an understanding of long-term care regulations, and experience with Medicare/medical assistance is preferred.