Registered Nurse (RN), Critical Care, ICU (Nights)
Lake Health West Medical Center – Willoughby, OH 44094
Are you interested in becoming part of an outstanding team of professionals who make patient and family-centered care their priority? We currently have the following opportunity for an energetic, skilled, and compassionate individual like you to become part of the Lake Health team.
$7,500.00 sign on bonus for experienced ICU RNs.
The Registered Nurse is responsible to the Department Director, Lake Health, and its clients to be clinically competent; delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Essential Job functions:
- Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Critical Care patient's care, as evidenced by patient, family and direct observation.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with physicians, other nurses, and other team members to assure the well-being of patients and families.
- Promotes and works to achieve a patient/family centered care environment including a strong commitment to patient/family privacy, safety and satisfaction.
- Change management: Actively participates and contributes to department performance improvement initiatives, team member employee engagement activities, has the ability to alter practice in the ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Adheres to the hospital and department policies, procedures, and culture of Lake Health.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
- AHA BLS required. ACLS within one year.
- One year Medical Surgical Experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to work independently, with limited oversight, excellent critical thinking skills, able to problem solve.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
Lake Health offers free, secure and convenient parking; an aggressive pay structure, tuition reimbursement and continuing education funding programs, a generous and comprehensive benefits package for all eligible positions which includes medical, dental, vision, pension, paid time off; an award winning hospital system recognized for excellence in patient care and as a "Best Place to Work."