At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join the Float Nursing Team.
he facility based support team employee will report to a clinical leadership designee at the facility in which they are assigned. The employee agrees to meet the minimum requirements of the terms of the agreement set forth and will float to all assigned units in their designated facility and skill. Unit assignments will be determined by the Resource Management Center (RMC) and the RMC Facility Clinical Contact from shift to shift based on the greatest need, patient need, census, acuity, clinical expertise, competency, and skill mix. The employee may also be assigned to units that are outside their scope of practice to utilize their specified skill set in order assist in task/helping hands fashion or be assigned an augmented patient assignment based on their skill and competency.
1) Hold a current, active, non-restricted State of Georgia license and or certification/registration as applicable for state requirements.
2) Have a minimum of two years, relative, recent, clinical experience in their specialty.
3) Maintain BLS certification, as well as any other certification as required by specialty.
4) The support team member will be a fully functioning team member on all assigned float units in designated facility and skill set. The support team member understands that they may also be required to be of service in “temporary duty float” areas in a helping hands capacity or by receiving an augmented patient assignment based on need, skill mix, census and competency within the facility.
5) Attend general orientation and successfully complete clinical orientation programs.
6) Complete all competency and/or education requirements by stated deadlines.
7) Attend designated staff meetings.
8) Complete all annual Employee Health requirements including physical exam, N95 fit test, TB screening and flu vaccinations
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!