Teamwork is what we’re all about at Lexington Health Care, working together to achieve positive patient outcomes. We realize that when you collaborate, great things are possible; for your patients, and for your career. Lexington proudly employs more than 2,500 employees allowing us to provide an immeasurable value to the communities we serve. So much of who we are comes from being an organization dedicated to the highest attainable quality of care available today. In an industry filled with rapid change and growth, our commitment to family values will never change. As a family owned organization, we have always maintained a unique perspective. Our reputation as a leading health care employer is unmatched. Come see for yourself why it’s so fulfilling to be a part of Lexington!
- Maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice and the implementation of nursing policies and procedures.
- Recognizes significant changes in resident conditions and takes necessary actions to treat and notify physicians.
- Supervises C. N. A. staff, demonstrates ability to supervise other staff, and delegates tasks for resident care.
- Prepares and administers medication, including IV therapy, and prescribed treatments.
- Ensures rehabilitative and restorative measures for all residents.
- Attends and actively participates in care plan and stand up meetings.
- Accurately and appropriately completes documentation-I&O, 24 hour report, monthly summary, resident admission assessment, and quarterly assessment. Is aware of needs for comprehensive assessments and the process for completion.
- Completes all areas of Incident Reports timely.
- Aware of Infection Control Policies and monitors practices of staff.
- Completion of weekly pressure ulcer reports; knowledge of measuring wounds and wound staging.
- Assures that MAR/TX sheet, I&O and Psychiatric flow sheets are completed every shift when needed.
- Collaborates with other shift nurses concerning observations made from 24-hour report. Relays all pertinent data and necessary follow up when needed.
- Communicates staffing issues and concerns with DON and Clinical Mangers.
- Relays appropriate accurate and complete resident information to physicians.
- Demonstrates leadership responsibilities.
- Provides and monitors C. N. A. assignments.
- Delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participates as a team member with all facility staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary and appropriate by Clinical Nurse Manager or Asst. Administrator of Clinical Services.
- The RN is responsible for implementing the facility’s Culture Contract components through their interaction and implementation of their role with residents, families and staff.
- The R.N. is responsible for promoting a positive impression for all prospective residents and families, and welcomes them during the facility tour process. The R. N. assists the admissions staff by welcoming new residents and families to the nursing floor, and providing support to the resident in their new environment.
- Assists other team members when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nursing Process,
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge and understanding of the MDS and PPS.
- Proper administration of Medications and treatments.
- Knowledge of nursing policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong supervision, leadership, critical thinking, time management, communication, and delegation skills.
- Development of Interpersonal Relationships with Residents/Families.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to propel a resident in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to move items at least 20 pounds.
- Must be able to assist residents in evacuating the building in an emergency.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
We offer a professional work environment, growth and advancement, training, Competitive compensation and a benefits package including a comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plan, voluntary benefits, Credit Union, 401(k) savings plan with company match, holiday pay and paid time off.
Lexington Health Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.