We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) ICU
Location: St Vincent's Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Department: Intensive Care Unit
Additional Job Details: Full Time, Night, 7p-7a, every 3rd weekend, holiday requirements.
What You Will Do
As our RN- MICU, you will work with acutely ill patients and help comfort their families during a stressful time. As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
St. Vincent’s Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent’s Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent’s provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent’s has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham (Downtown)–
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- “Where Babies come from!”
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Serving Birmingham for more than 118 years, we are a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
We are called to:
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)