Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for the Operating Room patient in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Surgical Services and the Nursing Departments. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, psychosocial and/or spiritual needs into the patient�s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcomes in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
*Includes call on weekends and holidays
- One year Acute Care experience in Operating Room Nursing preferred. In lieu of this experience, consideration will be made for an employee with strong education and associated experiential background.
- Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred
- Ability to fulfill the on-call requirement of the department
- Current California RN license
- Current AHA BLS, ACLS for Healthcare Providers card
- Specialty Certification preferred