We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job is considered a leader in the provision of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for Nurses and Scope & Standards of Practice. The RN effectively delegates, directs and assists licensed and ancillary team members; assumes accountability for quality patient outcomes; exhibits sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity in all interactions; maintains involvement in activities aimed toward the achievement of unit and the department’s strategic goals and objectives and demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability for his/her own practice and supports the company's philosophy of nursing.
Required - Registered Nursing Diploma
Preferred - Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Required - Experience working with and maintaining confidential information
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Preferred - Leadership skills / experience directly supervising or managing others
Required - Current RN License in the state of practice
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Preferred - Certification in clinical specialty area
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Good organizational skills.
- Good time management skills and self directed.
- Demonstrates Good Judgement.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
- Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
- Communicates, delegates and manages nursing team resources (human and fiscal) properly and serves as a leader and partner on the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Utilizes data, information and knowledge to evaluate and promote change in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Embraces concepts and behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction and employee morale and improvement in the profession of nursing.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.