DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Full-Time Nights Weekends Only
*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a RN in acute care* Some exclusions may apply. Please contact a recruiter for more details!*
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Med/Surg team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage including dental plans that best meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities.
This is a 46 bed medical/surgical inpatient unit specializing in the delivery of acute care of the adult patient. The patient population includes Remote telemetry is provided as ordered.
- Number of Staff: 30
- Bed count: 46 beds
- Types of Cases Commonly Seen: Stroke, Sepsis, Orthopedics, CHF, COPD, Diabetes, Seizures
- RN to patient ratio: 1:5-6
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Patient Care Technicians, Unit Secretary
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation via Meditech
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
The Med/Surg Registered Nurse, under the direction of Unit Director/Charge Clinical Coordinator, is responsible and accountable for patient assessment and evaluation and delivery of patient care through the utilization of the nursing process in accordance with physicians’ orders, established policies and procedures, established professional standards, and administrative hospital-wide policies.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, 183 beds, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years.Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it’s no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year RN experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS certification.
- National certification (i.e. CCRN, PCCN, CMSRN) required within 6 months of eligibility.
- Lifting 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.