We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse in our Psychiatric department at Binghamton General Hospital, a 220-bed hospital, UHS Binghamton General provides general medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and emergency care to the people of Greater Binghamton. This position is at 1042 Mitchell Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903.
The Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse on this Psychiatric Memorial 5 unit protects, promotes, and optimizes health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, and the alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response and through advocacy in the care of individuals and families. This is a high acuity, 17-bed unit that supports patients that have more aggressive tendencies.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse Essential Functions:
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that are performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assesses, plans, delegates, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing care in managing a group of patients, serving as a primary nurse and/or accountable nurse, when designated by unit assignment and consideration of factors related to safety, effectiveness, competency, cost and impact.
- Educates patient and family in health promotion and disease management using available resources.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of pharmacology and safely administers medications according to UHS Hospitals policy.
- Collaborates and leads patients, families, and all members of the health care team in coordinating patient care.
- Establishes and maintains caring and collaborative relationships with patients/families, self, and colleagues (nurses, physicians, support staff, and other disciplines.)
- Shares in responsibility for productivity and effective resources utilization including staffing, time management, supplies and services.
- Complies with all nursing practice standards, regulatory requirements, and UHS policies.
- The Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse actively participates in and supports the Nursing Shared Governance Model by supporting the Unit Council, participating in improvement initiatives, and contributing to peer review practices.
- Actively engages in professional development, continuing nursing education, and completing all mandatory education requirements.
- Integrates nursing research and current evidence into practice.
- Provides a supportive learning environment for new employees and students.
- Performs duties related to the Charge Nurse or Shift Coordinator role when assigned
- Demonstrates leadership and accountability for group programming as assigned
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse – Required Education/Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Previous clinical nursing experience in acute care or ambulatory setting
- Current NY State RN license or Eligible and willing to obtain NY license
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse - Preferred Education/Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Professional certification in a related nursing specialty
- Relevant skills certification (i.e., ACLS, PALS, TNCC)
It is the policy of United Health Services Inc. and members of the United Health Services System to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, military status or genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other basis that would be in violation of Federal, New York State or local law.
UHS employees are committed to our organizational values and professional standards that guide our workplace actions and decisions. Be Compassionate, Deliver Excellence, values Teamwork, Pursue, Knowledge, Build Trust, Demonstrate Respect, and think like an Owner. To explore career opportunities please visit: https://unitedhealthservicescareers.com
If interested please apply online or reach out to Cody Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org