All Shifts Available! New Wage Scale!
Hays Nursing Center
Adventist Care Centers is the skilled nursing branch of Adventist Health System, one of the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare systems in the United States. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ by providing whole person care that meets the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of all who reside with us. Taking care of our team members is just as important to us as taking care of our residents, which is why we provide comprehensive benefits, including health insurance and tuition reimbursement, for both full- and part-time employees. Apply today to join our team in providing whole person care!
The RN helps to fulfill the care requirements of our residents. Under the direction of the nurse manager, the RN will work within their entire scope of practice. He/she will be fully accountable for ensuring that competent care and safety are consistently delivered to all residents.
What you will responsible for:
- Provides nursing care within their scope of practice and in accordance with standards of care established by the facility.
- Assists with the development and revision of nursing care plans. Manages/directs the plan of care by directly administering care or by directing and supervising nursing duties delegated to Licensed Nurses or nursing assistants.
- Checks and records vital signs on a regular basis following established policy or at own discretion if the need exists.
- Assists with residents’ comfort.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing care provided.
- Reports significant observations to the nurse in charge/RN designee and physicians.
- Participates in purposeful daily rounds.
- Prepares and administers medications after appropriate orientation and instruction.
- Maintains accurate medication records and observes residents for signs and symptoms of adverse drug reactions.
- Administers special treatments, procedures, dressing changes, irrigations and other procedures requiring special techniques based on her/his nursing education and scope of practice.
- Collects specimens.
- Accompanies physician on rounds when necessary; reviews physician’s orders, medications, and records to ensure prompt and accurate execution.
- Attends Resident Care Conferences.
- Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work space.
- Monitors consistent application of Restorative Nursing Goals and Approaches and refers any necessary changes to the Charge Nurse for evaluation.
- Answers resident call lights promptly.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, RN Staff, Long-Term Care, LTC, Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF, Nurse, Staff Nurse