Hillcrest Nursing Center is a family owned and operated Skilled Care Facility.
In this role, the RN or LPN will:
- Provide routine daily direction and monitor the work of the nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Assist in motivating CNAs assigned to the nursing unit.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director of Nursing regarding assessments, observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current license as a RN or LPN in the State.
- Nursing experience is not necessary – We love new grads.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing.
- Skill in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions in relationship to routine supervision of nursing assistant and resident needs.
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Must be tactful and possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English).
- Genuine compassion for senior adults and the disabled.
- Requires good human relation skills and the ability to monitor and direct the activities of others.
- Availability when necessary to work beyond normal working hours and in other related positions on a temporary basis; as well as availability on weekends and holidays, or on days and shifts other than those for which hired.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and disability insurance is available
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Employee assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
24 - 34 /hour