Registered Nurse RN - SLH Nursing Pool - Day
Department: SOLK NURSING POOL
Status: Variable Full Time
Orlando Health South Lake Hospital combines acute hospital care and medical services with comprehensive wellness programs, fitness training, community health education classes and support groups to serve the needs of south Lake County. South Lake Hospital's campus includes a 140-bed not-for-profit hospital, in affiliation with Orlando Health, a 30-bed short-term rehabilitation center, the Center for Women's Health, the National Training Center Sports and Fitness facility, South Lake Endoscopy Center, and South Lake Surgery Center. South Lake Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of the South Lake community since 1947 and employs nearly 1600 team members; and has over 350 physicians on its medical staff.
South Lake Hospital Nursing Pool is seeking a Day Shift Registered Nurse to join its team. The qualified applicant must meet the following requirements:
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Twelve months hospital RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assesses patient’s needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient’s status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients’ rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 1900 Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.