Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedic Program Coordinator AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
Location Address: 730 Courtland St. Orlando
Walk-In Applicants Welcomed for Immediate Interviews
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Various Shifts Available
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide leadership and support for orthopedic unit and orthopedic patients in other locations in the facility
- Collaborate with facility leadership on areas of concern and areas where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- Communicate effectively with facility team, providers, internal and external customers.
- Ensure unfinished follow-up items are effectively communicated to on-coming supervisors. Follow-up on return to facility on items that remain incomplete. Identify opportunities for education or process improvement and participate in solutions where concerns persist.
- Conduct monthly “new hire” Ortho training for all nurses and CNAs joining the facility team. Assist in ensuring current staff participate in annual Ortho training in collaboration with the facility ADON/SDC
- Reinforce training on the general Orthopedic info, and the Ortho admission process for Nursing
- Assist in staff training/support when admission requirements are not being met. Collaborate with the ADON/Staff educator on training needs for Orthopedic Unit staff.
- Encourage and promote accountability of staff to complete required care, documentation and other duties to ensure positive patient outcomes and enhanced customer service on the Orthopedic Unit.
- Participate in daily Ortho rounds with patient, Rehab Director or Physical Therapist, and Social Services
- Participate in Ortho programs rounds with attending Orthopedic physician
- Review unit orders for accuracy and appropriateness, provide physician follow-up and staff coaching when concerns are identified.
- Routinely check to ensure that Ortho unit “tracking sheet” is updated appropriately by Admissions to reflect true reason for admission in the diagnosis section
- Provide orthopedic unit training as appropriate – general facility training would be provided by ADON
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
The Orthopedic Program Coordinator participates in providing direct care and services to residents, facilitating high-quality orthopedic and whole person care, and promoting the Orthopedic Program to internal and external customers. The Orthopedic Program Coordinator collaborates closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure a consistent focus on providing evidence-based clinical care with a high degree of customer service. The Orthopedic Program Coordinator will adhere to the policies and procedures of this organization. Adherence to the Federal and State statutes is mandatory. The Orthopedic Program Coordinator, as a professional and licensed nurse, shall be responsible and accountable for making decisions based on the individual’s educational preparation and experience in nursing. In addition to the following duties set forth in this policy, the nurse shall follow the directives of the State Board of Nursing in the state in which he or she practices.