Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of all patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric experiencing medically complex conditions, general medical-surgical conditions, with rehabilitation and/or wound care needs.
The Registered Nurse (RN) duties include:
- The overall direction and supervision of all patient care during his/her shift.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing patient care.
- Satisfies the established standards of the nursing practice.
- Supervises and delegates patient care tasks to LVN/LPN or CNA and other patient care team members.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments.
- As appropriate, the registered nurse takes into consideration the patients’ age in the performance of any task.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements and hospital policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Order entry, data input etc.)
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a LTAC, Med Surg or Rehab
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Two or more years of as a Registered Nurse (RN) is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A Registered Nurse ICU who is currently licensed to practice, in good standing, by the state of employment.
- Must maintain current ACLS certification throughout employment.
- ACLS certification is required upon hire.
- Military Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid sick days
- On Site Cafeteria
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Gym Memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Subsidized Commuting
- Free Food and Coffee
- Flexible Schedules