DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 10 consecutive years
Chippenham's Short Stay Unit:
- 10 Patient Rooms; with a capacity of up to 20 patients.
- Most patients originate in the ER while some come to the SSU from Same Day Surgery, Angio, Interventional Radiology, or possibly outpatient directed admissions.
- Most patients discharge within 72 hours of admission under observation status.
As a Registered Nurse in our Short Stay Unit you will utilize every bit of your prior nursing experience to assesses, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of patient care. Most importantly, you will be part of the clinical team making critical clinical decisions around whether to hold our patients, sent them home, or transfer them to one of our inpatient unit.
If you're looking to be valued and invested in, your search is over! You will be supported by leaders on this unit that have a real passion for helping nurses reach their goals.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (preferred)
- Previous experience in an acute care setting (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience with demonstrated competency in critical care skills (preferred)
- Part-Time (Full-Time and PRN may also be available)
- 12-Hour Shifts, Days from 7am-7pm
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.