Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager Advent Health Care Center Zephyrhills North
7350 Dairy Rd. Zephyrhills, FL 33541
Top Reasons to Work at Advent Health Care Center Zephyrhills North
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews and maintains the resident matrix/roster daily.
- Updates pertinent information and changes after reviewing with the interdisciplinary team in daily CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) meeting.
- Discusses changes with the MDS Coordinator and RN Director of Nursing.
- Participate with staff in the observation of residents and the care planning process.
- Offers input and suggestions to the Director of Nursing on how to deliver the best quality care for the residents.
- Monitors staffing patterns including excessive overtime and minimum staffing.
- Monitor resident infections and antibiotic use data and communicate to the appropriate individual for each episode of infection involving a resident on the designated form.
- Provides supervision and structure for residents on the assigned units to determine that residents are provided assistance with meals to maintain nutritional status needs. Insures that residents participating in mealtime restorative programs are monitored and certified nursing assistants maintain accurate records of all resident oral intakes.
- Coordinates the monthly drug regiment reviews for the unit with the Consultant Pharmacist.
- Monitors staff to determine the unit is maintained in a clean, orderly and functional manner.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Meet the state specific educational requirements for the nursing supervisory position
The Unit Manager participates in the direct care and services provide to the residents. The Unit Manager agrees to adhere to the principal duties and job requirements outlined within this policy. It is the Unit Manager’s responsibility to follow the policies and procedures of this organization. Adherence to the Federal and State statutes is mandatory. The professional nurse and the licensed practical nurse shall be responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based upon the individual’s educational preparation and experience in nursing. In addition to following the duties set forth in this policy, the nurse shall follow the directives of the State Board of Nursing in the state in which he/or she practices.