Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you seeking an opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want your talents to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world?If your answer is “yes,” then we invite you to become a Registered Nurse (RN or LPN) for the American Red Cross! Nationwide, we collect over 5 million units of blood annually, and the need continues to grow.From leading our blood collection team, to going above and beyond to ensure that all donors have an optimum donor experience, as a Registered Nurse (RN or LPN) you will lead a team, draw blood and may be required to supervise blood drives.To learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have every day, watch this short video: A lifesaving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Registered Nurse (RN or LPN) Job Responsibilities
- Conduct phlebotomy and charge at blood drives.
- Work independently with attention to detail and possess the necessary knowledge of all aspects of daily operations.
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
- Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of respect for customer service.
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there.
- Be a model of professionalism and compassion while serving as an ambassador to the public for the nation’s largest not-for-profit blood banking organization.
Registered Nurse (RN/LPN) Job Qualifications
- Registered Nurse license required (RN/LPN)
- Previous customer service experience and strong work ethics
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are preferred.
- A current valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75 degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights