General Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient triage and education, assisting physicians during office hours and follow-up on prescriptions, procedures and tests. Maintain chart documentation to ensure all information about visit is completed and documented correctly. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and treatment plan by taking vital signs, blood pressure, patient history, medication listing, and determining chief complaint. Provide Physicians with assessments of patient condition.
- Performs tests as directed by physician.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures.
- Draws lab specimens and prepares them for lab transport, including completion of lab forms and/or computer entry.
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Assists with patient teaching and instructions.
- Triages patients to determine which are emergencies and provides immediate support if deemed necessary. Notifies provider of medical emergencies.
- Assist in the development and documentation of patient care protocols and procedures and patient education materials.
- Compile and analyze variety of medical, statistical, and operational data and prepare reports for outcomes measurement and program efficacy.
- Review treatment forms to verify data required to maximize reimbursement has been identified. Route relevant information from patient to appropriate department personnel.
- Ensure information is appropriately entered into Electronic Health Record.
Education: High school diploma/GED and completion of an accredited nursing program Certification: Current State RN nursing license. Current CPR certification. Experience: Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience working in a physician office Performance Requirements: Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
- Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
- Ability to administer IV and Injections appropriately.
- Ability to mix medications.
- Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interprets, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.