What you would do in this role:
- Performs an initial and ongoing assessment to determine the assigned patient's ongoing nursing care needs.
- Identifies patient and surgical procedure and demonstrates expertise in systems assessment of the perioperative patient.
- Develops/reviews/revises and individualizes the plan of care to address the patient's nursing care needs for optimum patient care outcome.
- Utilizes and assures principles of sterile technique and body substances isolation based on scientific knowledge, department and hospital policies, and federal recommendations.
- Evaluates patient care to determine response to care/interventions for optimal patient outcome.
- Performs technical skills competently and independently to assure patient safety.
- Maintains a professional behavior in attitudes, demeanor, interactions to achieve the organization's mission
Here's what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN License in Nebraska or applicable compact state required
- BLS and ACLS required within 90 days of hire.
- 1-2 years of perioperative, intraoperative, ICU or PACU experience preferred
- Must have patience, self-confidence, maturity, compassion and always remain a team player with patients, physicians, and staff
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced/occasionally demanding work environment with the ability to prioritize work
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren't able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application